Laredo - A 30-year-old Concepcion man passed away Thursday evening after he was electrocuted while on the job.

According to Laredo Police Department's Public Information Officer Sgt. Joe E. Baeza, Pedro Luis Salinas was working on an electrical line at the intersection of Fremont and Sanders in Laredo at approximately 5 p.m. with full daylight. A group of employees were watching Salinas as he worked on the electrical line.

The group of men told authorities they saw a spark and than Salinas immediately fall into the bucket lift. The men administered CPR until EMS arrived, but Salinas was unresponsive, Baeza stated.

Salinas was rushed to the Laredo Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.

He is a 2005 graduate of Bruni High School. He was worked as a lineman with T&D Solutions who was a subcontractor with American Electric Power (AEP). He had been a lineman for 10 years.

The case is under investigation. 

According to Baeza, the Webb County medical Examiner will perform an autopsy on Salinas. Baeza also stated, the Laredo PD has notified Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).