Edinburg, Texas – The U.S. Border Patrol Rio Grande Valley Sector’s (RGV) Border Community Liaison (BCL) Team continues to stay engaged in the community.
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- The Harlingen BCL team attended the 35th Annual National Night Out hosted by the City of Harlingen, Texas. The event took place at Lon C. Hill Park. There was a superhero costume contest, live music and games. Harlingen BCL agents and Patrol Agent in Charge Henry Leo spoke with several members from the community and civic leaders. An Air and Marine Operations helicopter was the highlight of the evening and by far the most visited attraction. The family event allowed the community to meet and greet local, county, state and federal law enforcement.
- The McAllen BCL team was invited to the first National Night Out hosted by the City of Alton, Texas. The event consisted of live music, a barbeque and free supplies for families of the surrounding communities. The horse patrol unit, dirt bike unit, and bike patrol unit were on hand answering questions and taking photographs with attendees.
- The Weslaco BCL team attended the Donna National Night Out hosted by the Donna Police Department.
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- The Harlingen BCL Team completed week five of their Citizen’s Academy Class 136. Citizens will go on a boat ride on the Arroyo Colorado (Rio Hondo). Riverine agents will speak about the emergency operations and dynamic challenges they face on a daily basis.
- McAllen PD invited Border Patrol to attend their National Night Out. This event is meant to strengthen and support the relationship between law enforcement and the community in which they serve.
- The Rio Grande Valley Sector BCL team was invited to the Boys and Girls Club of Edinburg, Texas for a Career Day Presentation. The team presented to two groups of kids attending their summer camp.
Thursday, August 9, 2018
- The McAllen BCL team held its quarterly Border Community Liaison meeting with city leaders, landowners, and other community of interest partners. Acting Patrol Agent in Charge Christopher Seiler brought the meeting to order, thanked everyone in attendance, and provided a brief background on McAllen Station’s strategic posture.
- The Weslaco BCL team participated in the Back to School Bash at St. John Arc Parish Hall held by Superior Health and Texas Regional Bank in Weslaco, Texas. Agents donated school supplies and interacted with children and families affected by the flooding during the month of June.
- The Weslaco BCL team attended the 3rd Annual Back to School event hosted by the Weslaco Housing Authority. Agents handed out school supplies to attendees.
- The Harlingen BCL team attended the La Feria National Night Out event hosted by the La Feria Police Department. The event took place at the La Feria Recreational Center. Children were given school backpacks and school supplies. The city of La Feria joined forces with thousands of other communities across the country in promoting cooperative, police-community crime prevention efforts.
Please visit www.cbp.gov to view additional news releases and other information pertaining to Customs and Border Protection. Follow us on Twitter at @CBPRGV.