Edinburg, Texas – The weekly activity reflects the operational tempo of the Rio Grande Valley Sector from August 27 – 30, 2018.
Monday, August 27, 2018
- Falfurrias agents rescued a man in response to a 911 call near Encino, Texas.
- Hebbronville agents discovered human remains near Falfurrias, Texas.
- McAllen agents arrested three Salvadoran nationals whose record checks revealed they are members of the MS-13 gang.
- Falfurrias checkpoint agents arrested four United States citizens attempting to smuggle two illegal aliens.
- Border Patrol and Hidalgo County Constables disrupted a stash house in Mission, Texas. As a result, agents detained 21 illegal aliens harbored inside.
- Falfurrias agents rescued an illegal alien in response to a 911 call near Encino, Texas in a separate incident.
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
- Falfurrias agents rescued two Honduran nationals in response to a 911 call.
- Falfurrias checkpoint agents arrested a Rwandan national, who is a Legal Permanent Resident, attempting to smuggle sixteen illegal aliens in a tractor-trailer.
- Kingsville agents arrested a United States citizen attempting to smuggle 15 illegal aliens through the Sarita checkpoint inside a tractor-trailer.
- Rio Grande City agents arrested a Salvadoran national confirmed as an MS-13 gang member.
- McAllen agents identified a Salvadoran national who is a member of the MS-13 gang.
- Fort Brown agents seized four abandoned bundles of marijuana weighing over 85 pounds worth an estimated $70K.
- Brownsville agents seized 15 pounds of marijuana worth an estimated $28K.
- Border Patrol and Starr County HIDTA investigators disrupted a stash house in Roma, Texas. As a result, agents detained 13 illegal aliens.
- Border Patrol, Hidalgo County Constables and DPS disrupted a stash house in Alamo, Texas. As a result, agents detained 18 illegal aliens inside.
- Brownsville agents encountered a man with multiple injuries to his head after a smuggler assaulted him on the Mexican riverbank prior to illegally crossing the Rio Grande.
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
- BORSTAR agents rescued a Honduran national suffering from severe heat related injuries.
- Falfurrias checkpoint agents arrested two United States citizens attempting to smuggle an illegal alien.
- Agents conducting operations on horseback discovered human remains near Sullivan City, Texas.
- Campaña de Seguridad y prosperidad reaped results as Mexican authorities rescued five migrants held against their will in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- Brownsville agents detained a Mexican national convicted for indecency with a child- sexual contact.
- Border Patrol, Hidalgo County Constables and DPS disrupted a stash house in Alamo, Texas. As a result, agents detained nine illegal aliens harbored inside.
- Falfurrias agents arrested a Nicaraguan national confirmed as an MS-13 gang member.
- Falfurrias agents arrested a Honduran national in possession of child pornography.
Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Border Patrol and Hidalgo County Constables disrupted a stash house in Mercedes, Texas. As a result, agents detained four illegal aliens harbored inside.
- Weslaco agents apprehended a Salvadoran national MS-13 gang member near Hidalgo, Texas.
- McAllen agents assisted the La Joya Police Department in an accident, after a United States citizen transporting four Mexican nationals illegal in the country, failed to yield to police emergency equipment.
- Falfurrias agents discovered human remains near Encino, Texas.
- A Mexican national assaulted a Weslaco Border Patrol agent near Progreso, Texas.
The Rio Grande Valley Sector currently has multiple campaigns focused on rescues and danger awareness, such as “Operation Big Rig” and “No Se Arriesgue” to combat smuggling and ultimately save lives. Call 911 to report suspicious activity; “They’re humans, not cargo!”
Please visit www.cbp.gov to view additional news releases and other information pertaining to Customs and Border Protection. Follow us on Twitter at @CBPRGV.