1. Go on a picnic. It’s the perfect weekend to party, and whether you have a family picnic or a potluck with friends and loved ones, make sure you make the most of this three-day weekend.
2. Attend a public celebration. Will there be a parade in town this weekend? Fireworks? Public art shows? Check the newspaper for listings; your town is sure to have a full slate of happenings.
3. Get away from it all. Plan a day trip out of town as a last hurrah to the summer travel season, or simply take a trip to somewhere nearby.
4. Check out a new movie. The big ones opening this week are “As Above, So Below,” an R horror movie, and “The November Man,” an R action flick starring Pierce Brosnan. And don’t forget “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” are still in theaters!
5. Get ready for football. The college football season kicks off this weekend, and the NFL is not far behind (next week). Make sure your fantasy teams are in good order (or hold a fantasy draft with your buddies), set up your man cave and get ready for some fun.