Five ways you can have fun this weekend:
1. The big movies opening this week are “The Longest Ride,” a PG-13 drama based on a Nicholas Sparks novel starring Scott Eastwood, Britt Robertson and Alan Alda; and “Ex Machina,” an R sci-fi flick directed by “28 Days Later” writer Alex Garland.
2. The Masters Tournament tees off Thursday, with action taking place all weekend. Who will win the coveted green jacket? Head to the official website, http://www.masters.com/, for TV information and more.
3. Sunday is the beginning of National Library Week, and Sunday also is D.E.A.R. Day (aka Drop Everything and Read Day). These special days are designed to get people reading and to get people to check out their local library. Head to the library this weekend to kick things off and pick out a book or three.
4. Monday is Scrabble Day, a holiday celebrated on the birth of the inventor of “Scrabble,” Alfred Mosher Butts, but you don’t have to wait until then to party. Take some time this weekend to have an old-fashioned board game afternoon. Challenge family, friends, neighbors or whoever wants to play!
5. If golf isn’t your thing, be sure to check out NBA and NHL action in the last moments of their regular seasons. And don’t forget MLB is in action, NASCAR takes place Saturday and Major League Soccer has games all weekend. Check your TV listings for broadcast times.