The U.S. Border Patrol Rio Grande Valley Sector continues to safeguard the country and communities.
Monday, July 23, 2018
- McAllen agents rescued two distressed illegal aliens requiring medical attention due to prolonged exposure to the excessive heat.
- Agents at the Falfurrias checkpoint arrested a convicted sex offender attempting to smuggle two illegal aliens.
- McAllen agents arrested an 18th Street gang member who entered the country illegally with his juvenile son.
- Agents at the Centralized Processing Center interviewed a Honduran national who claimed a smuggler sexually assaulted her in Mexico.
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
- Falfurrias agents apprehended a Salvadoran 18th Street gang member.
- McAllen agents seized over 1,200 pounds of marijuana worth over $1M.
- McAllen agents located a lost father and son. The father died later at the hospital from heat related injuries. The son was treated and released.
- Falfurrias agents responded to three separate 911 calls resulting in the rescue of six illegal aliens in distress.
- Falfurrias agents arrested four United States citizens attempting to smuggle a five-year-old unaccompanied child through the checkpoint.
- Falfurrias agents encountered an illegal alien from the country of Somalia.
- Rio Grande City agents assisted Roma PD on a vehicle pursuit resulting in the apprehension of two illegal aliens.
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
- Border Patrol agents, along with the Hidalgo County Constables Pct. 4 and San Juan Police Department, dismantled a stash house resulting in the apprehension of 15 illegal aliens in San Juan, Texas.
- Falfurrias agents arrested a man attempting to smuggle 25 illegal aliens through the checkpoint.
- BORSTAR agents rescued a Honduran national who was abandoned by smugglers.
- McAllen agents arrested a convicted sex offender near Mission, Texas.
- McAllen agents arrest a man smuggling eight illegal aliens in a vehicle.
Thursday, July 26, 2018
- Falfurrias agents discover human remains in Brooks County.
- Weslaco agents arrest 10 illegal aliens in a stash house in Donna, Texas. One of the 10 is a confirmed 18th Street gang member.
- Rio Grande City agents arrest a Salvadoran MS-13 gang member.
- Harlingen agents conduct a traffic stop resulting in the seizure of 260 pounds of marijuana.
- Weslaco agents seize nearly 300 pounds of marijuana after deploying a controlled tire deflation device. Agents arrested two juveniles at the scene.
- Fort Brown agents arrested three Mexican juveniles attempting to smuggle 91 pounds of marijuana.
The Rio Grande Valley Sector currently has multiple campaigns focused on rescues and danger awareness, such as “Operation Big Rig” and “No Se Arriesgue” to combat smuggling and ultimately save lives. Call 911 to report suspicious activity; “They’re humans, not cargo!”
Please visit www.cbp.gov to view additional news releases and other information pertaining to Customs and Border Protection. Follow us on Twitter at @CBPRGV.