Edinburg, Texas – Over the weekend, the Rio Grande Valley Sector continues to show evidence of illicit activity along a border that lacks personnel, technology and infrastructure.
Friday, August 17, 2018
- Falfurrias agents arrested a smuggler convicted of capital murder after a failed human smuggling attempt.
- Falfurrias agents arrested a driver who fled from the checkpoint with two illegal aliens hidden inside the vehicle.
- McAllen agents apprehended six illegal aliens after a vehicle failed to yield to Border Patrol in La Joya, Texas.
- McAllen agents assisted the Mission Police Department after a several subjects bailed out of a vehicle during a traffic stop, six illegal aliens were apprehended.
- A Fort Brown K-9 handler and K-9 located an abandoned bundle of marijuana in Brownsville, Texas.
- Weslaco agents located a deceased subject in a water basin near Mercedes, Texas.
Saturday, August 18, 2018
- McAllen agents requested Medevac to transport an illegal alien to the hospital after he became unresponsive following his apprehension.
- Agents near Havana, Texas, requested Medevac for two illegal aliens after they displayed signs of dehydration.
- Falfurrias agents rescued an illegal alien near Encino, Texas, after calling 911 for assistance.
- McAllen agents located a distressed illegal alien who was transported and admitted to the local hospital.
- McAllen agents assisted the Palmview Police Department in the location and identification of 6 illegal aliens after two vehicles failed to yield to local authorities.
- Agents seized over 350 pounds of marijuana abandoned near Rio Grande City, Texas.
- Weslaco agents rescued a Salvadoran man near San Manuel-Linn, Texas, after calling 911.
- Agents seized over 440 pounds of marijuana near La Casita, Texas.
Sunday, August 19, 2018
- Harlingen agents rescued an unconscious man along the U.S. riverbank south of Santa Maria, Texas.
- Falfurrias agents stopped a smuggling attempt at the checkpoint resulting in the arrest of eight illegal aliens, one of which was identified as an unaccompanied child and another identified as an MS-13 gang member.
- McAllen agents arrested a Salvadoran man near Hidalgo, Texas who was previously convicted of continuous sexual abuse of a child.
- La Joya Fire Department located two deceased subjects in a canal after Border Patrol notified them of a possible drowning.
- Fort Brown agents arrested three Mexican nationals attempting to smuggle over 120 pounds of marijuana near Brownsville, Texas.
- McAllen agents arrested a man near Mission who was previously arrested and charged with criminal sexual conduct in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Falfurrias agents seize over 300 pounds of marijuana after a failed narcotic smuggling attempt.
The Rio Grande Valley Sector currently has multiple campaigns focused on rescues and danger awareness, such as “Operation Big Rig” and “No Se Arriesgue” to combat smuggling and ultimately save lives. Call 911 to report suspicious activity; “They’re humans, not cargo!”
Please visit www.cbp.gov to view additional news releases and other information pertaining to Customs and Border Protection. Follow us on Twitter at @CBPRGV.