A Robstown man wanted in connection with the hit-and-run of a Sinton father and son has turned himself in to authorities.

Detective Sgt. Enrique Paredez said that 18-year-old Ronnie Sepulveda turned himself in to the Nueces County Jail on May 1.

The arrest comes about two weeks after a man who had information regarding the incident contacted Corpus Christi police.

The man, a resident of Corpus Christi, had seen news reports of a black Nissan Titan driven by Sepulveda that was allegedly involved in the April 13 hit-and-run incident on the intersection of East Avenue J and Third Street in Robstown.

Two motorcyclists, 44-year-old Hector Aguilar and his 18-year-old son, Hector E. Aguilar, were returning home from Laredo when police said Sepulveda allegedly failed to yield the right of way at a stop sign, causing the motorcycle to slam into the truck and eject the riders.

Police said Sepulveda allegedly ran over the driver of the motorcycle as he fled the scene.

Paredez said the man who contacted Corpus Christi police told them he was the registered owner of the vehicle that was involved in the accident. He reportedly had sold the truck to Sepulveda with the agreement that the suspect would take over the vehicle's monthly payments, Paredez said.

The man reportedly contacted Sepulveda, who confessed in a telephone conversation that he had fled because he thought he had an outstanding arrest warrant, Paredez said.

The man then reportedly told Sepulveda to "do the right thing" and turn himself in to authorities, which Sepulveda allegedly agreed to do, he added.

However, the registered owner found the vehicle the next morning outside the man's home in Annaville. At that point, the man called police to tell them the vehicle was at his home, Paredez said.

Sepulveda is currently facing two counts of failure to stop and render aid and is being held on a $25,000 bond.

As of Tuesday, Robstown police were not able to speak with the suspect, since he had already been granted a court-appointed attorney, Paredez said.

"Once he's given an attorney, we can't talk to him," he said.

It also was not known, as of press time, whether Sepulveda has confessed to the accident.