Florida State at Miami (Fla.) odds, picks and prediction
The Florida State Seminoles (13-3 overall, 9-2 ACC) visit the Miami Hurricanes (7-13 , 3-12) in a Wednesday night (8:30 p.m. ET) contest at the Watsco Center. Below, we analyze the Florida State-Miami college basketball odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Florida State is No. 9 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Florida State at Miami:Odds, spread andlines
- Money line : Florida State -750 (bet $750 to win $100) | Miami +525 (bet $100 to win $525)
- Against the spread/ATS : Florida State -11.5 (-110) | Miami +11.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 142.5 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Florida State at Miami: Three things to know
- FSU has won three straight games and eight of its last nine. That larger set includes an 81-59 win over Miami on Jan. 27. The Seminoles have won six in a row from the Hurricanes. The last two series wins have been by a combined 40 points.
- The 'Canes shot just 37% from the floor in that first meeting with FSU. Since Jan. 19, Miami has gone just 1-7 in eight games. In five of those seven losses, the Hurricanes shot under 40%.
- The Seminoles have averaged 84 points per game over their last three games. Florida State ranks first among ACC teams with an average of 79.3 PPG. The 'Noles' 54.4% effective field-goal rate ranks third in the league.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN, VA and WV. IA and PA residents, don't miss BetMGM 's risk-free, first-bet offer!
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Florida State at Miami: Odds, lines, predictions and picks
Florida State 77, Miami 63
Money line (ML)
PASS on the ML option, but it may be worth keeping an eye on the FSU price. The Seminoles are a value play at (-625).
Against the spread (ATS)
Miami is just 2-6 ATS in its last eight, and a spate of injuries including freshman G Earl Timberlake (out-shoulder) and sophomore G Harlond Beverly (out-back) has the 'Canes at a major disadvantage in this one. Take away Timberlake's 9.3 points and 5 rebounds; take away Beverly's team-leading 3.3 assists per game.
Florida State is up and down with how it takes care of business in games like this. But figure the 'Noles getting enough points off turnovers and from beyond the arc to put this contest away by 15. TAKE FLORIDA STATE -11.5 (-110).
Mixed signals here: STEER CLEAR.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.